Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blah

So my day started with a Pre-K funny moment, and ended with a Mommy pissed off moment(s).  Let's start with the funny shall we?  I have this little guy in my class who is...let's just say...something else!  He's the cutest thing you've ever seen, but he's mean as hell and is very immature, especially socially.  Instead of saying, "I did this" or "I did that", everything is "Me this" "me that" or "him did this" "her did that".  I am a grammar nazi (except on here) and am constantly correcting my students, as well as my own children (much to their annoyance).  Every time the little guy starts with "Me..." I immediately interject with, "No, you need to say 'I'...".  At first he had no idea what I was talking about, then he started catching on, and now he's just sick of me butting in when he has something super important to tell me (like, "Me made you this playdoh, that looks like poop!").  This morning he was trying extremely hard to tell me a story about what him did at P.E. and when I started to say, "No, you need to say 'I'..." he promptly said, "NO MS. ROBOT, not YOU, MEEEE!!!"  Apparently he's tired of me hijacking his stories and making them about myself!  Baby steps :)

Now, for the pissed off mama part.  One of the twins had to go to the dentist today to have some work done.  We had a 5 o'clock appointment (which we did not choose), and of course were pretty much the last patients of the day.  The "assistant" that we got stuck with was no happier to be there helping than twin was to be having his mouth messed with.  He repeatedly reminded us how tired he was, how he was ready to go home, how hungry he was, and so on.  Every time the doctor asked him to do something, he moaned and groaned.  It was rude and inappropriate and I was irritated as hell that he was acting as if WE were putting him out by making him do HIS JOB.  The doctor was even less pleased with him.  The SOB wouldn't even get my child the stickers and toys the doctor requested after the procedure was done!  WTF!!  It was at that point that I lost it and promptly snatched my child up, told him to have a nice day and not work too hard, told the receptionist to make a note to NEVER let that piece of work be present during our visits again, and left.  What I really wanted to do was go off and use filthy inappropriate language, but then I would have stooped to his level of not keeping my mouth shut and being civil.  He's lucky my boys were with me. 

As if that wasn't enough, I had promised my guy we would get him a prize if he did well at the dentist (which he did, he took that shit like a champ and I was impressed because I would have been scared to death and crying if I had seen the crazy equipment he had).  So we stopped by the closest "dollar store", and of course as we're walking around, he has to pee.  I asked if he could hold it and he said yes for a minute, so we walked a little more.  I could tell he was walking like a cripple and was trying not to complain, so we attempted to locate the bathroom.  Apparently many people before us have abused the bathroom privileges at that store and they keep it locked, which meant we had to go find an employee.  And who do you think was working at that time?  Well of course it was Mr. Douche Bag Dental Assistant's sister!  She was far too busy on her cell phone to bother with us, so we waited, and waited, and waited some more.  She was taking her sweet time getting the key and pausing every few steps to make sure she had service on her phone, and I could tell the little one was hurting and we needed to get in that bathroom sooner than ASAP.  When she stopped for the seventh time, he looked up at me with the most pitiful look, and I knew it was about to happen.  Yup, he started pissing right there in the middle of the aisle.  And you know what?  I didn't give a &@#$! If that heifer had helped us as soon as we asked her to, it wouldn't have even been an issue.  I'm not gonna lie, I had that brief moment in my head just like on Bridesmaids when Lil is about to shit in the street and Annie is watching and says, "Ohhhh you're really doin' it aren't ya? You're shittin' in the street!" Lol but it wasn't because I was embarrassed, it was just because there was nothing I could do, and absolutely nothing he could have done.  After that brief funny moment, mama bear mode kicked in and I was done.  I got my boys, told the bitch to have fun cleaning up his mess that SHE caused, and we left.  I spent the thirty minute drive home making my son feel better and reassuring him that he did NOTHING wrong, which was a hard thing to do because he's 5 years old and accidents just don't "happen" around here anymore.  He's resilient though, and that new pop gun he got (because I'm awesome and always have extra toys stored away at home) has made everything better.

Sometimes people amaze me, and not in a good way.  I'm glad this day is over.  Glad my baby feels okay, despite his crappy afternoon.  And soooo glad tomorrow is Friday!

Mama bear's going into hibernation (aka locking the bathroom door, bubble bath, kindle, and wine).

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through IG and I love it! This post is funny but not in a haha I'm going to laugh at you way, but in a haha I laugh to keep from crying kind of way because I have those days a lot. The mama bear comes out and I just can't stop her, lmao!

    ReplyDelete